Tuesday, November 2, 2010

MileStone- Person

My Grandfather Victor
     
     My grandfather Victor was the youngest out of all his siblings. Every once in a while my mind would go in a blaze then why was he the first to drift away in the sunlight, he was so healthy. He would never do anything that would sabotage his health, like smoking. My grandfather did everything a grandfather did even though I was his step-granddaughter. You could tell he still loved me no matter what. Sadly, he didn’t get a chance to see me or my cousins grow up. He had a heart-attack and didn’t make it.
     When I was about six years old, he would read me bible stories since he was a Christian. One of my most cherished bible stories was David and Goliath. Could you imagine David, a little shepherd boy with a sling shot and a pebble would challenge a giant soldier like Goliath? Not even other grown men would dare to challenge Goliath. With just a blow to the head Goliath sank to the ground. It would amaze me how much courage he had. I remember I would sit on his lap and beg him to read it again he would chuckle and read it again. The thing I want my grandfather to know is , not a day that goes by that I don’t miss him.

1 comment:

  1. Im so sorry about your grandfather. I can also make a connection, I never even got to meet mine but my grandpa died because of cancer. What a terrible thing cancer is! I hope this will help you throughout life.

    ReplyDelete