Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mile Stone- Interest


                               A Junie B. Jones Favorite
      I loved reading Junie B. Jones books almost as much as my first cell phone. It all started when my first grade teacher, Mrs. Burns read Junie B. Jones books to the class, I just loved the way she would refer to things. I liked those books so much I decided to go to my school’s library and take some Junie B. Jones books. Many days after school I would spend hours just reading those books. Well, until my parents yelled at me "start your homework!".
    Constantly I would beg her to buy Junie B. Jones. One day she came home with a ton of books in her hand, I was so exhilarated I would finally have l own Junie B. Jones books. That day I went outside and lied down in my patio furniture, I could feel the breeze run through my hair, so strong I had to hold a tight grip on my book. I got so comfortable to point where you never want to get back up. I spent hours out there, while my mom peered out the window every few minutes. I liked going outside to read, I liked the sounds that I heard, I liked the thing that I saw, I liked the things that I could smell (well most of the time). It was one of those few places that took my mind off things, especially since I was reading at the same time. Eventuality, my eyes started to burn from all the reading I grabbed my things and went back inside. Even though I don’t read those books as often as I use to, if I find time I still like to read them.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Christina,

    I absolutely understand how you feel! As a younger child, the Junie B. Jones series was all I would insist on reading. Your incident of reading outside is something I have experienced too. Is there a book series that you enjoy reading now?

    Keep on blogging,
    Rishika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your post. I get the feeling also to insist reading the Junie B. Jones books. they were my favorite series when I was little. I read mostly all of it. did you get to read them all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rishika
    A book series I enjoy reading now is The Tale of Emily Windsnap, it is a really good fanasty series, you shounld read it you might just like it
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sarita,
    I think I read the whole series but I don't exactly remember, there was so many!
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete