Friday, December 3, 2010

Prank Call

       
  The weather was ideal for a sleep over. It was warm with a cool breeze. Actually, it was a quite normal spring day. The birds flying back from the south, trees being pulled side to side like they were playing tug-of-war, big white puffy, cottony clouds, the ones that have different shapes that are meant to be picked out. A few seconds later I flung into the passenger seat, of my father’s old Ford Expedition. As I walked in the aroma always would delight me, I never knew the name of that car air freshener but I liked it anyway. My dad, the slowest person ever, put the key in and turn it as if he was going in slow motion. The car slowly started up then he stepped on the gas and we were on our way. If I knew what was going to happen that night I would have stayed home.
       My friends, Sweta and Kayla, and I were just sitting on the floor with nothing better to do except lay down on our backs. Well, we did come up with a hilarious idea. I aimed my eye at my cell phone and snatched it. I searched through my contacts, which are filled with friends and family members. Then I spotted the perfect person to prank call. I asked " Should I call her?", to my friends.
They replied " Well yeah!"
     I thought my phone was set to hide my number but apparently thinking just is not enough. So I pressed the green button , the phone started to ring. My friends became two laughing hyenas, giggling uncontrollably. I had to take extreme action so I yelled at them to shut up! Everything went silent, like a person in a awkward situation, someone answered the phone and it definitely wasn’t my friend. It was her mom, who is really nice! I started to get nervous I did not know what to say.
           So I just blurted out “ May I speak to your daughter?”
          She replied, “ Who is it?”
         “ Her friend “Lisa” from school”
        “ Okay wait on minute”
 My friend finally reached the phone, I prank called her saying, (in a weird voice), I’m her friend “Lisa” and l know her , etc. All of a sudden I felt this tug, it was my friend, Kayla, she wanted to say something. But I just pulled back too , and of course we accidentally hung up on her. She was suppose to be reassured it was just a prank call. We just stared at my cell phone. Then it started to ring I looked at my phone, she called us back. We were so surprised, it almost knocked our socks off.  Kayla answered and put it on speaker, my friend’s mom started to yell at us saying it was wrong to prank call her, and she could have called the police. I cherished that woman for not telling my parents.We apologized and promised it wouldn’t happen again. I totally learned a lesson be careful who you prank call and make sure your cell phone is set to hide your number.
               
                            
greenappositive phrases
redsimile
bluemetaphor
pinkvivid verb
orangesensory detail

No comments:

Post a Comment