Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mile Stone- Event

                              Party time
      My mom and dad always took me to my grandmother’s house on Christmas. I loved visiting her especially since I don’t do it often. My whole family would be there, so I got to see practically see all my aunts, uncles, cousins etc. But as she got older she decided to move to Florida. That year the party was going to be at my house.
     I woke up extremely early on Christmas to open my gifts from "Santa".
By that time my grandmother was already at my house preparing a large meal for the family. The smell of aroma coming from the kitchen was to die for. My grandmother loved to cook and I loved to help her. Usually when I use to visit her she was finish preparing a meal. I spent some time helping her, but then I had to get ready. I took a quick shower, I was 6 years of age so my mom put my hair in a pony tail, and I put on this pretty dress, but of course it was itchy. After I was finished get ready, my mom started to.
    It took a very long time for the first person to show up, which was my aunt and my cousins who are living in Connecticut, surprising because most of my family lives in New Jersey. Eventually everyone did show up. We all had a really good time, eating my grandmothers food, the adults having conversations, my cousins and I playing with my toys. Actually I wouldn’t mind reliving that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment